Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Faithfulness in Change


I used to hate change. Well, honestly sometimes I still do. I am learning the depth and the beauty of change though and this time around its scary and exciting. More importantly it is what God is calling me to in this season.

I fight against control, I want to have things spelled out in an outline, to see what is in front of me, or at least to know how to get to what I want. This time I can't. All I know is that I have to move forward, even if it is one step at a time. Its frustrating, almost infuriating sometimes, the fear seems to rise up in front of me and I have to face it head on.

Every step I seem to move forward though, even if its only an inch at a time has been greeted by faithfulness in provision. Maybe is a kind word. A job interview. Or someone who has faced similar fears. God has always given us what we need for the next step. His heart is continually showing its goodness to me, his desire for goodness in my life is realized.

The steps this week have been filling cardboard boxes with books, clothes, all the things that make our house home. We have moved forward making plans. A bit of dreaming.

We have been greeted by faithfulness. And a Father who keeps showing us the heart of his love. Its a beautiful sight to behold. Maybe it had to happen through change.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this word, Megan. I have been struggling with the same things. Feeling like God is calling us to step out, embrace change, and trust his provision, but when we hesitantly do that and then we are really put to the test, we struggle with doubt. Was that really God? Is he really gonna provide as He has promised? Upon every turn, we are faced with the choice to give up our control and continue to trust....

    ReplyDelete